Ryan P. Shaw, DMD • David W. Selvig, DDS
Certified Pediatric Dental Specialists
Nandita Pearce DMD, MS, MSD
1600 Pacific Avenue - Natrona Heights, PA 15065 map
609 Epsilon Drive - RIDC PARK - Fox Chapel, PA 15238 map
Welcome Back Letter
and New Safety Procedures
We are pleased to announce that the offices will be reopening for all patient care on Tuesday, May 26! We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when your child receives care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to ensure our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your child’s next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients, our staff and our community. For example:
• When possible, we ask that you limit the number of family members that accompany your child to their appointment. We may also ask you wait in your car until we are ready for your child.
• We have implemented a wellness screening form and questionnaire.
• Everyone’s temperatures will be taken upon entering the office. This includes taking our team members’ temperatures on a daily basis.
• We have invested in enhanced personal protective equipment (PPE) for the staff.
• We have temporarily removed toys, magazines, and other high touch items from the waiting rooms.
• As always, children will be able to view an assortment of prizes and select one without touching in order to keep prizes clean for every family.
• We have installed plexiglass barriers between the chairs in the open bay areas and confirmed that all chairs are appropriately spaced for social distancing.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between families to reduce wait times for you, reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time, and allow for cleaning in between.
• Per CDC recommendations, it is encouraged to wear face coverings in public places such as the dental office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 724-224-0790.
Thank you for entrusting us with your child’s oral health. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Drs. Ryan Shaw, Nandita Pearce and staff